Monday, May 30, 2005

First RUNNING CLUB

For some reason it was easier today.

I was leery. Or, rather, my thighs were leery. So were my calves.

I did not run as long - consecutively - but I ran a loop at a local park. It looked long on the board, but it only took 15 minutes. Mentally this was much easier as for most of the run I could look over across the lake at the finish line. The park is set up as a series of paths around a couple of man-made lakes and part of it goes right along side the river. It's a very nice park - there are Canada Geese and robins and all sorts of happy creatures.

(Also goose-poop to avoid, you gotta love nature)

The club was supposed to meet up, but I arrived early and ran by myself. When I got back the group was there... so me being the 'keener' that I now am, I went again. But I was not nearly as successful as the first time around. This time it was a definite run-walk loop.

So I'm figgerin' that I should continue to run the first loop and run-walk the second until some point in my life I can run two loops. At that point I will surely have a butt to bounce a quarter off of and my thighs will be made of steel and not the jello that they currently consist of.

Not so sure if I want to keep running with the running club. I like running with the boyfriend much better. He cares about how far I go and how hard I push myself.

I'm considering running in the Deerfoot Run here in Calgary because it is only 5K and because "finish line photos will be taken." That rocks most of all!

No comments: